M&A in telecom: TMO Buys Most of USCC!

Absolutely. My point.

I have solar at home 6kw. For past 3 years I haven’t paid a dime for electricity, more: I get paid for the surplus that I inject in the system.

Off topic: I think 5G did not get the expected revenue. I think MNOs will pay extra attention when/if to get involved in 6G.

Another topic: smart operators like DT in Germany and AT&T in US have hundreds of thousands of own Wi-Fi APs over the countries to offload congested cellular sites.

Why regular operators don’t do this?

Please note low cost 5G phones on the way to uplift 5G demand.

More use cases with RedCap as well expected.

Even FWA start picking here in India.

So demand will grow for 5G as well.

Operators need to shift at Any cost to 5G SA to survive in ecosystem developed.

4G spectrum soon will be migrated to 5G, increase demand.

I think it’s beyond the OTTs’ flexing capacity to launch the cellular networks in every country.

OTTs need csps whatsoever, csps have to rationalize the business case for their own standing and/or compete on QoS with OTTs.

To sell on QoS, densification of access networks like smart cell deployments in DU is required.

CSPs want to find solutions through AI/ML in spite of increasing the investments in access networks.

To sell on QoS, investment can be pooled in through OTTs or any better business case with 1 to 2 operators per country.

It will be a win-win for end users, enterprises, csps and otts.

What about providing Private Network Support?

To sell QoS?

Too expensive.

A trial from MNO for a private network with 2-3 sites starts from 2 mil usd.

This includes sites, transmission, Core, Sims including services.

So: looks like M&A will continue.

And we haven’t discussed Elon Musk factor, which may cut short the life of CSPs. :wink:

Good point, but the US governemnt thinks we need more than 3 carriers.

The carriers can’t predict much of anything today.

Red Cap should add users, but the revenue may be lower for the limited capabilities, that’s whyt he US carriers move so slow on it.

They also think US economy is safe… despite trillions of dollars of debt :slight_smile:

Lawmakers are not tech savy.

If they were, USA wouldn’t have chosen CDMA2000 over WCDMA.

I have helped a lot of telecom engineers win green card for USA via EB2-NIW route. In one of those petitions, I mentioned the choice of CDMA2000 over WCDMA as a sign of lack of appropriate tech leadership in USA, and used it as a proposed endeavor.

As expected, it got an approval from USCIS without RFE.