Can we allocate 10 MHz in area 1 and 20 MHz in area 2 from our 20 MHz 4G band?

Hello Experts.

We have 20 MHz in 4G band and we’d like to use juste 10 Mhz in area 1 and use 20 MHz in area 2.

Is it possible to do this?

If it is possible, should we refarm a buffer zone?

What we would be the impact on QoS?

Yes, we can use it UL/DL Freq will be different and need to create profiles accordingly for HO as it will be A Intra-inter HO after refarm.

I think no issue, you can use, but make sure during earfcn selection your whole band should be under your alocated band.

How about earfcn?

Will be the same with different bandwidth?

It will be changed for sure.

If it changes, then it will be intraFrequency HO in the border.

No buffer zone is needed, but is needed to do a special A5 HO zone in the border, or change the interFreq HO event from A5 to A3 and that’s it.

Yes, I mentioned the same as above. :+1:

What is the reason behind to reduce LTE Bandwidth?

Basically, It will really impact on Cell Capacity, Congestion, Throughput?

Because Physical Resource block reduce from 100 to 50.

You need to update Neighbor Definition and Try to make Small cluster in Area 1 and then do trial to avoid customer complaint which is mainly Call Drop due to Handover and Low Speed Issue?

Only reason that comes to mind is to refarm 20 MHz TDD band to 10 MHz two carrier to mitigate TDD interference issues.

Thanks.

Please tell me what is your network TDD Frame configuration & Special Subframe Configuration.

How many TDD carrier in your network?

Have you roll out is it external or Internal interference?

Config3.

SSF7 and incase of internal interference ssf5.

Plus various other interference mitigation scheme.

We have two carriers 20mhz each in band 40.

We have severe interference and ducting in winters.

All said and done like you I still don’t understand why would someone like to reducing lte bandwidth.

SA2 (DSUDD) or SA3(DSUUU) ?

I think the earcfn will change, to avoid double identic values

If I use 10 Mhz for site 1 and its neighbor use 20 Mhz, will it create any issue?

If all config are proper, then there won’t be any issue.

No issue.

Even at many locations it’s been used just an overlapping layer.

To balance the traffic.

It’s like sandwich layer between capacity and coverage layer.

So, what I could undersand: the same band can be implemented in different sites with 10 MHz and 20 MHz?

But based on which criteria we can identify which site I can implement 10 MHz or 20.MHz.

Where you have high utilization area and no other solutions in that area to offload or you can push traffic where PRB utilization cells > 80%.

There are many aspects you need to consider at the end customer should not suffer it will give -ve impression.

Sometime it’s good to use in low pop outskirts areas.

Thank you!

But in this case, since we have 20 MHz available, why should I use 10 MHz instead of 20 MHz?

I am trying to understand the benefits.