Microsoft Power BI and Python: Two Superpowers Combined

Microsoft Power BI is an interactive data analysis and visualization tool used for business intelligence (BI), and the vast majority of companies make it available to their employees.

Python is - unanimously - one of the greatest programming languages, it is powerful and can be used in practically everything.

When we combine these two technologies, we extend Power BI’s data ingestion, transformation, augmentation, and visualization capabilities.

Not to mention, we can bring complex algorithms provided by Python’s numerous data science and machine learning libraries into Power BI.

In this tutorial, you’ll learn to install and configure Power BI to work with Python. Using Python, you’ll import data, transform your dataset with pandas, and visualize it with Matplotlib.

Image credit: Real Python

Here is the link to the article:

1 Like

I agree - Python really gives additional powers to users. Some of the use-cases I have found are performing REGEX operations.

Power Query has some options to clean text. But complex patterns remain difficult. And being able to run python using Python.Execute is awesome!

I don’t have too much experience with providing visuals on the front end using python. Do you prefer it for data cleaning or the visual part?