New Channel: A candle doesn't lose anything by lighting another candle

Happy to share that I have started a youtube channel named “candlelight” to share what I know, my unique learnings and insights with my own personal style and bias.

I was thinking for sometime about what should be my first video. And I felt it will be a good idea to start with some music. Now, I have zero knowledge or background on music and I decided to dive into it last year and started taking piano lessons with a local instructor for more than a year now. I thought it will be a good motivational exercise for me to take it up as a challenge to play a film song and perhaps it might be a good first youtube video for my channel. Although, one year of practice has gone into it, with respect to piano learning one year is nothing and I’m still an early beginner, so please don’t have high expectations. I promise I will put effort to get better over time.

Now, coming to why a youtube channel? There has long been a request from my followers to share video content outside of LinkedIn. So I thought of learning how to make videos and understand how it is different compared to written content. I hope to share content on latest machine learning topics where I’m spending lot of my time, perhaps a little bit of Wi-Fi, some live group discussions on special topics with some engineers and share some of my personal views on these topics. This is an experiment for me, and I hope to make my audience time useful by not saying “please share, subscribe, like”. I know you will do all that without saying if you really benefitted from the content.

Here’s the link to my first youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMq_7DuVtos

“A candle doesn’t lose anything by lighting another candle.”

Teaching is the best form of learning.

Now you know why I chose the name “candlelight” !!!

1 Like