RTWP on 5G NSA TDD on 3.5 GHz band

Hello,

Some questions about RTWP on 5G NSA TDD on 3.5 GHz band:

• Does anybody has experience on RF hunting for Internal / External Interference?

• What would be the spectrum analyzer requirements (besides frequency band & 5G NSA support) would be required?

• Does anyone has a test protocol or a use case?

2 Likes

You should know the center frequency of the carrier you want to see the UL.

You should set the span a bit bigger than the UL bandwidth and the set video bandwidth and resolution bandwidht.

The lower the resolution bandwidht you pick more definition in frequency terms, and video bandwidht may shape the image better.

Thanks for the advice!

However I would like to check what could be the most frecuent failures for 5G NSA TDD that could lead to an RTWP issue, like:

• Hw failures (antenna, fibers, alarms, etc) → O&M issue
  • External Interference → How to detect this issues with an Spectrum Analyzer and requiremets
  • Auto Interference or Internal Interference issues. Lack of synch, problems with the frame structructure etc.

Anyone knows any way to detect (maybe with an external equipment) synchronization issues on the frame structure for 5G NSA TDD (n78)?

I have faced RTWP issue due to cell catering traffic from long distance in NSA mode.

OK. So if you want to detect issues with the spectrum analyzer, obtain the UL center frequency of the carrier and its bandwidth, so you will input this on the spectrum analyzer as center frequency.

Take a yagi antenna or directional antenna for that specific frequency band with some gain 10 to 12 dBi may work. So scan near the cell that you see high UL measurements, do a pan and look if you find something. you may use max hold function to found the direction.

Then try to triangulate the position using a map.

Thanks!

I have all that information.

In fact, RF Hunting was already done, with the UL Center Freq and Bandwidth.

My point here is what are the requirements to detect problems with 5G NSA TDD synch problems (frame structure) using an Spectrum Analyzer, does the equipment measure / differentiate between DL & UL frames?,

What could be the reason for a high RTWP on a TDD system, and how to solve it?

So you have already tested this and you have UL power counters high in TDD?

Yes, correct.

Share the counter to take a look at the definition, and is this present always or is it dissapearing when traffic is very low, maybe 1 AM - 3 AM?

Even with neighbours turned OFF in the full area, only the impacted 5G NSA TDD sector radiating, theres is high RTWP.

Which equpment is this?

Nokia.

Nokia having many equipment issues as well even some times due to over heating rssi increased.

Specially AAHF module.

Hello @Jairo_Sanz.

That frequency is a bit stupid, in some countries we carry out several PIM tests with Kaelus, but before starting to review parameterization in Synch, OLLA, and traces in signaling messages, I would start with a simple test, since I imagine that the parameterization still follows the initial template (with some changes based on Features I imagine) simply with the Interference measurement Feature and entering the site within RF Monitoring (to check the RTWP level every 10 seconds) leaves only one sector on, this sector on air move it 60° in each direction and even on rooftops uptilt important…

With that, if nothing different is seen, you eliminate the hypothesis of external PIM produced by elements close to the antenna.

Also, it would be recommended, in view of the recurring failures that are reported, the technicians take a spare part from AQQA to the field for example, to rule out HW.

Make sure that the HDMI synchronization is well connected and commissioned (although that will really be standard in all sites, so if it is the same as others that work well we already know that that is not it) check that the SFPs are those approved by Nokia, that sometimes they just put what they have in their pocket.

I hope you’re lucky, if that doesn’t help you, we’ve already gone through the PRO phase of parameters… hehehe.

Best regard.

Hello,
I think your spectrum analyzer must support the 3.5 GHz band and be capable of handling 5G NSA technology with high sensitivity and real-time analysis capabilities. Developing a test protocol involves steps like frequency scanning, signal strength measurement, and interference pattern analysis tailored to your network’s specific challenges.